Tuesday, May 31, 2011

City (country) of the week: Morocco

Tangier
Marrakech
Essaouira

Casablanca
Rabat

Shout out to my first African city of the week. Smh at myself that it took this long! This one is a little complicated because it’s more a country of the week than city. I want to explore all the major cities in Morocco: Tangier, Casablanca, Rabat and Essaouira; although I might skip Marrakech just coz of that whole bomb thing… but maybe not. I’ve never been above the equator in Africa and I feel like it’s time to plan a trip that has me staying in and therefore contributing to Africa and the economy.


I love everything that I’ve seen about Morocco (hubbly/ hookah excluded). The architecture is just amazing… It looks like one long clip from Aladdin or Arabian Nights. I feel like Jaffar is going to show up and chase me through the streets until I bump into Aladdin who will… yoh I’m getting distracted!


I love that in 30 minutes you can go from hustlin’ city centre to camel-riding in the Sahara.


The landscape, the culture, the desert, the city life.


Obsessed with Morocco


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment