Tuesday, June 7, 2011

City of the week: New York



All pics taken by me except the ones I’m in



I was lucky enough to go last year. It is a city full of energy, hustle, cool shit, hot people, style and fun.



The main attractions: Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building... etc, were actually my least favourite things about the city. It was much more the invisible than the tangible.



Got to attend the US Open which was a bucket list moment for sure! I saw Venus Williams vs Shahar Peer; Kim Clijsters vs Ana Ivanovic and Rafael Nadal vs Gilles Simon. Legend.... wait for it.... DARY!!!



The hood (obviously not too deep inside) is electric and people are inspired and proud. Got taken to Harlem to eat delicious but extremely fattening food.



I was there over Labor Day weekend and went to Brooklyn to enjoy the Caribbean Parade (it was a celebration of all Caribbean expats and their heritage).



I learnt where the best place for bargain shopping is and I was even taken to a club (again in Brooklyn) where I had sooo much fun!



Empire State of Mind: “New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do. Now you’re in New York. These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you, let’s hear it for New York!”



Can't wait to go back- not sure when but it's a MUST!



Obsessed with New York City



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment