Tuesday, July 5, 2011

City of the week: Johannesburg



I hate the fact that people always say “there’s nothing to do in Joburg”. This city has kept me entertained for almost 23 YEARS! I always find something cool to do and am very often introduced to new corners of the city I didn’t know.



I love everything about MyJozi. It’s hip, it’s fast-paced, it’s diverse, it’s rich, it’s poor, it’s passionate, it’s alive!



Sandton to Soweto is full of the same hungry, driven and talented people who all band together to make this one kick-ass city!



Full of rich history, this is where the major moves were made in the struggle against apartheid.



This really is the NYC of Africa, concrete jungle where African dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do!



The addition of Braam’s Juta Street and Arts on Main in Newtown mean that Joburg gods understand that there is a shift towards the more artistic but that also in a distinctly Jozi way.



Joburg is really in another league. My heart will always be here.



Jozi, My Jozi.


Maboneng


Egoli


Maboneng


Joburg


Jowies



Obsessed with Joburg



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment